Thursday 5 August 2010

Video Diary: Another good day at the GLA


Video Diary: Another good day at the GLA

Simon Darby shot this film, taken in front of the GLA, in which I relate how I challenged Boris to donate a day’s wages to help the the elderly. Needless to say, he was not amused!

The plight of the elderly in London is an issue that is very close to my heart. As a member of the Health Committee on the GLA, I will continue to look into ways of assisting them during the coming year, as well as doing all that I can to promote my sub-charity affiliated to Help the Aged- ‘Heat or Eat.’

I think that many elderly folk in this country, who have paid into the system all their lives, get a pretty rough deal. There’s plenty of money left to send abroad though- apparently, the overseas aid budget is one ring fenced area of government spending that is not likely to be cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment